Subject: RE: [jade-develop] Firewalls and ports
From: Bellifemine Fabio (Fabio.Bellifemine@TILAB.COM)
Date: Tue Aug 20 2002 - 09:39:19 MET DST
- inter-container communication (i.e. when the firewall separates 2 containers) requires just port 1099
- inter-platform communication (i.e. when the firewall separates 2 platforms) depends on the type of MTP. In particular:
- HTTP-MTP: incoming connections uses the port that you specify on the command-line when you launch the MTP, while outgoing connections depends on the port number of the remote platform
- IIOP-MTP when using the ORBacus add-on: as above
- IIOP-MTP when using the default ORB Sun implementation: it is not possible to specify any port number and the only thing you know is that any port number greater than 1024 can be used by the Sun implementation.
From: Gunnar AAstrand Grimnes [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: 15 August 2002 17:31
Subject: [jade-develop] Firewalls and ports
Maybe is it well documented somewhere, but not in the manuals and not on
What ports do I need to open to be able to connect to a jade platform
running on a machine firewalled off from the rest of us?
So far I've got:
7778 for the HTTP MTP
1099 for the main container (RMI?)
But still no success, old google caches (from the old mailing-list archive)
tell me that there is some port range where jade opens random ports, but
doesn't give very much detail.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
-- Gunnar AAstrand Grimnes email@example.com http://www.csd.abdn.ac.uk/~ggrimnes
7 John Knox Court Mounthooly Aberdeen AB24 3LF
_______________________________________________ jade-develop mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org http://sharon.cselt.it/mailman/listinfo/jade-develop UNSUBSCRIBE INSTRUCTIONS AT http://jade.cselt.it/mailing.htm#unsubscribe
This archive was generated by hypermail 2a22 : Tue Aug 20 2002 - 09:39:27 MET DST